My trees are not looking well. How do I know if they are sick?
If your trees don’t seem to be looking as good to you as they once did then they are probably sick. It is difficult for most homeowners to realize their trees are sick until the trees are showing symptoms of advanced disease infection. The proactive way to know for certain that your trees are sick is to contact an experienced tree company immediately. The arbor care company has tree doctors, ISA certified arborists and highly-trained tree care experts who are well-acquainted with the tree diseases that are prevalent throughout Fort Worth. These tree care specialists have the extensive knowledge and experience that the International Society of Arboriculture demands and conduct themselves with honor and integrity as the society is respected for. You can be assured that you will receive expert diagnosis if your trees are sick and receive the proper care that your trees are in need of.
What are signs of sickness in trees?
Different tree sicknesses have various specific symptoms. Different tree varieties will exhibit different symptoms specific to them as well. However, there are general indications that trees manifest when they are ailing:
- Premature Defoliation: Have you observed that your trees are losing their leaves in excess? Are they shedding their leaves at the wrong time of the year? When foliage loss is excessive then your trees are sick. It is of high importance to contact a tree expert promptly if you are observing premature defoliation.
- Peeling Bark: Falling bark and bark that is thin, cracked, chipping, flaking or has bare spots is diseased. Healthy trees will have solid bark that is consistent in thickness along the trunk.
- Branches Falling & Dead Branches: Branches falling from your tree that are bare and dead branches on your habitat grounds are indications of tree sickness. Although branches can break due to severe weather, healthy branches will be flexible and do not break when bended.
- Thinning Appearance: When your tree has noticeable areas of thinning branches or foliage then it has been weakened and is unhealthy. Robust trees will have a lush, full canopy with no bare spots throughout it.
- Excessive Water and Moisture at the Tree’s Baseline: Many destructive fungal pathogens thrive in water and excessively moist soil. When you notice areas within your residential grounds that have standing water, poor drainage and soil that is always wet then those places invite tree sickness. Tree roots rot and decay when there is excessive moisture. Contact an experienced tree company immediately and they will rectify these areas within your landscape to ensure your trees are protected.
- Yellowing, Browning or Dark Spot on Leaves: Healthy tree foliage will be free of blotches, browning and unsightly dark spots. When the foliage on your trees are not consistent in color then the tree is sick. Diseases that cause these symptoms can spread rapidly and destroy the tree if left untreated. It is imperative to contact an arborist that treats sick trees immediately.
What can I do to improve the appearance and health of my trees?
The best way to ensure your trees remain beautiful and free from sickness is to entrust their care to the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas. Tree experts provide many tree health care treatments that elevate their disease resistance. If your trees are sick it is always best to have treatment administered during the beginning stages of infection. Tree diseases can cause irreparable damage and oftentimes death to the tree as the disease progresses. A tree doctor will administer the specific treatment required to restore your tree’s health and provide the care your trees require to remain healthy and strong. Your trees are a valuable investment and add beauty and value to your residence.
- Personalized Continual Tree Care Maintenance Plan: An experienced tree company will customized an on-going health care plan for your trees and residential grounds that is designed specifically for you. This personalized care will give you the peace of mind in knowing that you will never have to worry about the health and appearance of your trees.
- Deep Root Fertilization: Trees do not receive adequate nutrition from topical lawn fertilizer. We strongly recommend this important treatment to guard the health of your trees. A highly-trained tree expert injects under pressure the exact liquid nutrients the tree requires directly into the tree’s root zone. Soil aeration occurs and soil compaction is eliminated due to the injected oxygen. When this treatment is administered annually the tree is 95% more resistant to tree sicknesses. Its root structure will grow without restriction.
- Prevent Wounds: Always entrust the regular lawn care of your residence to an arbor care professional. Tree diseases tend to target trees that are damaged and wounded. Unintentional wounding frequently results from weed trimmers, shovels or construction projects. A professional arbor care company will prevent accidental wounds from happening and see to it that your trees remain safe from these normal lawn care activities.
- Tree Health Assessment: It is very important to always be informed regarding the health status of your trees. The ISA certified arborist closely examines the tree and completes a tree evaluation report. If the tree is weak and vulnerable to tree sickness then the ISA certified arborist will determine and administer the treatment needed to elevate the tree’s immunity.
- Regular Tree Pruning: Frequently trees grow and their branches are close together and prevent adequate sunlight and air flow. Regularly-scheduled tree pruning by a tree pruning service eliminates overcrowded branches, ensures proper sunlight and makes certain that air circulates amongst the foliage and that there are no wet leaves that invite destructive fungal pathogens.
- Early Diagnoses & Treatments: Without exception, always contact an arborist that treats sick trees when you first observe or suspect your trees are declining in health. As with any health condition, early diagnosis and treatment prevents serious damage from occurring. If you have any questions or concerns then contact a tree expert immediately.